Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I am as constant as the northern star...

Today was just another day; I rode the bus to work, went to my office, forced myself to look at some work, and then surfed the Internet for the rest of the day. I've never been so disengaged from work. It's as if all that I've worked so hard for doesn't matter any more; it has all become a bore.

Eat, Sleep, Work, and do it again. This weekend I heard a friend say, "oh, the life of a baby. Eat. Sleep. Poop. Repeat." Somehow, I don't think they really understood that. I think there's a good reason we can't remember that part of our life, it's got to be horrifyingly cold and alone.

My first memory is of me sitting on the kitchen counter, a circus peanut in my hand, and my mother zipping up my windbreaker so we could go for a walk. There was something exciting about the textures of that orange, foamy candy, but beyond that everything was foreign. I was an alien in my own world.

Which brings me to now -- Déjà Vu.

No comments: