Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My point of balance was askew...

I saw you the other day; not the old you, but a new you. Dark hair, specked with silver prematurely, and kind eyes. You were casually holding your coffee as you strolled through looking at the same items that I was. I kept looking further and further along the shelf to get a better look at you. I said, "excuse me" shyly and you let out a timid, "pardon."

The future passed before me so realistic it was as if I'd just missed it. Courting, a short engagement, marriage, arguments over money, children, and retirement. Too fast!

Scared, I stepped away for a few, but when I came back you were gone. You'd disappeared completely. It doesn't seem like much, but I'd like to thank you, whoever you are. You made me forget any other for a few hours.

No comments: