Wednesday, November 16, 2011

You were the one who left me neglected...

Bad sex -- is better than love gone bad. When he dropped me, left me waiting for someone to pick up the pieces, I lost it. Not just love, but my ability to trust. I grabbed what I could of the pieces and locked them away; they are probably still sitting by the dock on that sweet southern lake. I turned away from those pieces and sought out connections without attachment.

I took my 19-year-old self down to the book store and hung out in the gay section -- I was trying to find solace and comfort in the words of others. And then I noticed him, many hims, they would walk by and look, no, leer. At first, nervous, I would sneak out of the store and drive home. Finally, one day, I tucked my pieces away, and followed one of them into the loo. He was a mid-20s, army boy with red hair, green eyes and huge muscles in his green t-shirt. I walked into the rest room and he was already turned in wait for me. Pure want was in his eyes -- want that I craved from H.I.M., but was willing to accept from soldier-boy. Soldier boy pulled me to him and pulled out the hugest piece of equipment I'd seen, and then pulled me out of my clothes. From there, it's a blur; I cannot even remember the smell of his skin, but I know I walked out changed. I had my power back. Little by little, I gained control by losing it with a stranger. Whether it be that guy, Gunter -- the masters student, John -- the creepy guy who made me discover the smell of poppers on another's breath. And many, many more.

So this has become an unending loop of self-destructive behavior. With each turn of the trick (no, I never took money), I lost more and more of my ability to say no. Now, I can't even hold on to what I've got. I'd rather turn out a stranger than tell a lover how I truly feel and what I'm thinking of; the last time I did that, I got burnt. I will not burn again.

2 comments:

carbon-made said...

I have no idea why you stopped posting or if you'll ever get to read this.
Even though I have absolutely no idea who you are or where you live or what your first thought is each morning when you wake up (and it's only common sense that you have no idea who I am either), I just wanted you to know you have a friend here. Maybe half way across the world, maybe just across the street, but you do :)

40th Drink said...

Thank you.