Monday, August 22, 2011

Sure I can accept that we're going nowhere, but one last time lets go there...

Whenever I think of you, I think of how I felt around you. It's selfish, I know, but you made me feel deserving. Just one touch and look from you makes my barriers fall away and suddenly I'm a soft center with no shell to hold me up. I'd give up everything that I've built (including my mask) and go into the poor-house for you. We may not have had much, but we had each other.

Remember that frozen moment, sitting on the bumper of some stranger's car, I told you that I wanted you even though I'd never wanted another man that way before. You stood there with the streetlight behind you and the snow falling down around your shoulders. I felt warmer than a mid-summer's day in Nogales.

I have all the money and stuff that I need, but I don't want it if it means I cannot feel that way again.

No comments: