Sunday, September 6, 2009

Here You Come Again...

....just when I'd begun to get my life together.

When we were together, even just as friends at first, I felt so safe with you. I loved your outlook on life. You just wanted to try everything, do everything, go everywhere. I would have gone anywhere with you.

It's been years since you and I were together. After you broke it off to explore, I did so many things to try to get you back. I begged, I plotted, I attempted to make you jealous. In your typical manner, you just shrugged it off.

So, I went out and made something of myself. I got a better job, finished school, and tried to forget about you. In the back of my mind, I kept hoping that you would just come back and tell me that you couldn't make it without me.

Now you show up again, just to be friends, but I know that's not enough for me. It's all or nothing, baby.

1 comment:

eiascr07 said...

Hi.. I am a total stranger to you, but I came across your blog today while searching for the meaning of "I'm the winner of cards I cannot play."

I feel the same exact way for a guy that is almost exactly describable just as you described that guy here in your blog. I am only 20, but I thought that my failed relationship would mend itself in the future... That he will come back to me when I am all done with school, got a job, and settled. I wish I could say that it is all or nothing by then. But right now I am hurting like there is no tomorrow.