Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm afraid of the way I leave you...

On a crisp morning a few months back, I returned to the battlefield; except the battlefield was gone. Huddled in the safety of the car as I turned from main street in search of 81 campus drive.

Within those walls, I had been forced into maturity by my own carelessness. It was also there that I met the boy...no...man whose hands could reduce me to single syllables. The yard stick that every other has been measured against.

So I returned, expecting to say fuck you and so long but it had already left; the building is gone. What was once a crime scene now replaced with new homes of brick and mortar.

2 comments:

me said...

Buddy, you have to leave the hurt. It's been years, every person isn't a jack off. You were young, & I hope he was your age.
If he wasn't...........pissed off

All the times I was looking forward to spending time with you, and then plans were shot down. Now I know why, "it hurts". With this much emotion, with-out ever being sexual.

40th Drink said...

someday i was hoping to find out who "me" was